13 - 14 October, 2020
2017 Agenda Day 2
Thursday 9th November 2017
Gaining The Edge
8:30 AM - 9:10 AM All Star Panel: Best Ex methodology in fixed income - How have fixed income best execution models progressed to help you meet your fiduciary duties for your clients?John Greenan, Front Office Trading Technology Consultant, Alignment Systems Carl James, Global Head of Fixed Income Trading, Pictet Asset Management Louise Drummond, Head of Fixed Income and Foreign Exchange Dealing, Aberdeen Asset Management Mariano Goldfishcer, Managing Director - Global Head Credit Trading and Syndicate, Credit Agricole Paul Reynolds, Head of Fixed Income, TradingScreen Andrew Falco, Head of Fixed Income Trading, Fidelity
- The evolution of best execution- How are leading buy side heads measuring best execution and what changes have they made?
- Developing a reliable best execution methodology in an OTC market- what are the building blocks and how can you build a fixed income specific best execution model in data sparse and liquidity constrained markets?
- Broader than ‘best price’- What other parameters should you measure your best execution standards against other than pricing?
- Strategy selection- How can you fully understand what is the right approach for the right environment?
- Best ex for pre-trade- How can you establish the parameters pre-trade to determine what you need to do to achieve best execution for your clients?
Carl JamesGlobal Head of Fixed Income Trading
Pictet Asset Management
Louise DrummondHead of Fixed Income and Foreign Exchange Dealing
Aberdeen Asset Management
Mariano GoldfishcerManaging Director - Global Head Credit Trading and Syndicate
Paul ReynoldsHead of Fixed Income
Andrew FalcoHead of Fixed Income Trading
9:10 AM - 9:50 AM All Star Panel: Adopting a more proactive approach to sourcing liquidity- How can you navigate the fragmented fixed income world to set yourself up for improved access?David Bullen, Director, Bullen Management Lee Sanders, Head of Execution FX and UK & Asia Fixed Income Trading , AXA Investment Management Mike Poole, Fixed Income Dealing Manager, Jupiter Asset Management James Switzer, Global Head of Credit Trading, Alliance Bernstein Christophe Roupie, Head of Europe and Asia, MarketAxess and TRAX Gherardo Lenti Capoduri, Head of MarketHub, Banca IMI
- Liquidity conditions- how has liquidity changed, what works now and how has the progression been on providing new solutions to alleviate the liquidity shortage?
- How can the buy side take a more proactive approach and become liquidity providers in liquidity constrained markets?
- Adapting to the new norm - how should you set up your internal processes, connectivity and technology to maximize liquidity and meet your investment needs
- The impact of MiFID II- will the new transparency regime help or hinder liquidity across fixed income markets?
- Debate- what single change can be done to improve liquidity in fixed income markets?
Lee SandersHead of Execution FX and UK & Asia Fixed Income Trading
AXA Investment Management
Mike PooleFixed Income Dealing Manager
Jupiter Asset Management
James SwitzerGlobal Head of Credit Trading
Christophe RoupieHead of Europe and Asia
MarketAxess and TRAX
Gherardo Lenti CapoduriHead of MarketHub
Special Guest Speaker
9:50 AM - 10:10 AM Political Keynote: Moving towards Brexit- What implications will this have on the European landscape and how will this affect your fixed income investments in the medium to long term?Rt Hon Nicky Morgan, Chair of Treasury Committee, UK Parliament
- How do cognitive biases impact the investment process and what strategies can you implement to remove them?
- How can behavioural finance hold out the prospect of a better understanding of financial market behaviour and scope for investors to make better investment decisions?
- How are leading financial firms implementing the tenets of behavioural finance to improve their performance?
- How an understanding of the nature of our all too human flaws can help us invest better
Rt Hon Nicky MorganChair of Treasury Committee
10:10 AM - 10:40 AM Morning Networking Break
Maximising Workflow Efficiency
10:40 AM - 10:55 AM Innovation Spotlight: Enabling Compliant Efficient Workflows in a Rapidly Evolving Global Fixed Income LandscapeGanesh Iyer, Director, Global Product Marketing, IPC
10:55 AM - 11:35 AM All Star Panel: The do’s and don’ts of electronic trading- Where does eTrading work across the fixed income spectrum and when should you use it?Julia Streets, CEO, Streets Consulting Oscar Kenessey, Head of Trading, Fixed Income, Derivatives and Currencies, NN Investment Partners Juan Landazabal, Global Head of Fixed Income and FX Trading, Deutsche Asset Management David Walker, Head of Fixed Income Dealing, M&G Investments Rich Winter, Senior Managing Director, FENICS US Treasuries Eddie Wen, Managing Director, Global Head of Macro eCommerce, JP Morgan Chase
- Voice vs. Electronic- Other than corporates, what other areas of fixed income is seeing electronic trading growth and how can you best utilize this?
- Striking the balance- to what extent can automation replace the human touch?
- Voice vs. electronic execution- how can you establish which method of execution is best suited for certain market conditions?
- Addressing the conflict between voice and electronic trading- how can you set up your internal teams to maximize the benefits of both forms of trading?
- Will the methodology of eTrading eventually work across all fixed income asset classes or is it only best suited to certain products under certain conditions?
Oscar KenesseyHead of Trading, Fixed Income, Derivatives and Currencies
NN Investment Partners
Juan LandazabalGlobal Head of Fixed Income and FX Trading
Deutsche Asset Management
David WalkerHead of Fixed Income Dealing
Rich WinterSenior Managing Director
FENICS US Treasuries
Eddie WenManaging Director, Global Head of Macro eCommerce
JP Morgan Chase
11:35 AM - 11:55 AM Industry Perspective: Debunking myths about trading fixed income ETFs- An introduction to fixed income ETFs and how they workPhilip Cichlar, Head of Fixed Income Sales and Trading, Jane Street
11:55 AM - 12:35 PM 360 Perspective: The growth of bond ETFs- What are the benefits, challenges and opportunities and how can you incorporate them into your investment portfolio?John Greenan, Front Office Trading Technology Consultant, Alignment Systems Pasi Hyttinen, Head of Bond Indexing, Vanguard Brett Pybus, Managing Director, iShares EMEA Fixed Income Product Strategy, iShares by BlackRock Philip Cichlar, Head of Fixed Income Sales and Trading, Jane Street Antoine Lesné, Head of SPDR ETF Strategy & Research EMEA, SPDR ETFs Georg Bartel, Fixed Income, ETF Trader
- Why has there been growth in ETF adoption and how are the buy side managing ETFs?
- Analyzing ETF liquidity and transparency- how do you use them, how do you trade them and what are the benefits and drawbacks?
- How do you distinguish a good ETF vs. a bad ETF and what are the systematic risks when trading ETFs?
- Sidestepping bond illiquidity- how sustainable is it to use ETFs as an alternative means of sourcing liquidity?
- Electronic trading of ETFs- how are market makers and banks adapting to the electronification of ETF products and how are they bringing them market?
- Debunking ETF Myths- are they really more expensive to trade than a bond and do they stop working during times of market stress?
Pasi HyttinenHead of Bond Indexing
Brett PybusManaging Director, iShares EMEA Fixed Income Product Strategy
iShares by BlackRock
Antoine LesnéHead of SPDR ETF Strategy & Research EMEA
Georg BartelFixed Income
Special Guest Speaker
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Lunch and Networking Break
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Masterclass: New frontiers in the US$10 trillion Chinese bond markets - Game changer in gaining access to the third largest bond market in the worldJulien Martin, Managing Director, Head of Fixed Income and Currency Product Development Market Development, Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Women in Trading Think Tank: Confronting the lack of women in Trading- How can the fixed income industry better attract, develop and retain top female talent?Carola Jansen, Senior Portfolio Manager Treasury, Kempen Capital Management Stephanie Suriyanon, Fixed Income Dealer, Ballie Gifford Louise Drummond, Head of Fixed Income and Foreign Exchange Dealing, Aberdeen Asset Management
Overcoming Resistance To Change
Evaluating New Methods of Trading
2:00 PM - 2:40 PM 360 Perspective: Bridging the gap in O/EMS between where we are and where we should be- What makes a good buy side OMS and EMS system in 2018?John Greenan, Front Office Trading Technology Consultant, Alignment Systems Joeri Wouters, Head of Fixed Income Dealing, KBC Asset Management Alun Cutler, Director, Product Management, EMEA, Charles River Development Matthew Reid, Product Manager, Trading, SimCorp Matthew York, Product Owner for Fixed Income , Flextrade Tomas Zikas, Fixed Income EMS, Bloomberg L.P.
- Building a fixed income O/EMS- what makes a specialised fixed income OMS and EMS system and how far are we from making this a reality?
- What are the needs of the buy side from their OMS/EMS counterparts and how can they be addressed so the providers are meeting these needs?
- With O/EMS systems so vital to a trader’s workflow, what are the O/EMS providers doing to ensure they are keeping up with the pace of change in fixed income?
- Cross asset vs. fixed income O/EMS- is a multi asset O/EMS the best way forward or should you use a product specific OMS due to the fragmentation of markets and nature of liquidity?
- Can O/EMS systems be standardized and made more flexible for ease of connectivity to new trading venues?
Joeri WoutersHead of Fixed Income Dealing
KBC Asset Management
Alun CutlerDirector, Product Management, EMEA
Charles River Development
Matthew ReidProduct Manager, Trading
Matthew YorkProduct Owner for Fixed Income
Tomas ZikasFixed Income EMS
Evaluating New Methods of Trading
2:40 PM - 3:00 PM Fireside Chat: The health of the market today- How has the EU new issuance market changed in 2017 and how can you streamline the new issuance life cycle?Herb Werth, Managing Director, Global Head of Buy Side Product Strategy and Marketing, IPREO Andrew Falco, Head of Fixed Income Trading, Fidelity
Preparing For A New Investment Landscape
2:00 PM - 2:40 PM 360 Perspective: Adjusting to the end of Quantitative Easing (QE) and central bank tapering- What impact will this have on European fixed income markets and how can you ensure you are well positioned to combat this?David Saab, Managing Director, JP Morgan Private Bank Hendrik Tuch, Head of Rates & Money Markets, Aegon Asset management Richard Mcguire, Head of Rates Strategy, RaboBank Liakos Papapoulos, Senior Investment Manager Treasury, MN Asset Management Radi Khasawneh, Senior Fixed Income Analyst, TABB Group
David SaabManaging Director
JP Morgan Private Bank
Hendrik TuchHead of Rates & Money Markets
Aegon Asset management
Richard McguireHead of Rates Strategy
Liakos PapapoulosSenior Investment Manager Treasury
MN Asset Management
Radi KhasawnehSenior Fixed Income Analyst
Preparing For A New Investment Landscape
2:40 PM - 3:00 PM Industry Perspective: Using Machine Learning For Tactical Asset Allocation DecisionsGrigorios Papamanousakis, Deputy Head of Systematic Asset Solutions, Aberdeen Asset Management Yannis Papakonstantinou, Quantitative Strategist, Aberdeen Asset Management
Buy Side Only Working Groups
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Buy side only working groups: Setting new standards for buy side technology- How can you ensure your technology set-up is sufficient to meet your best execution requirements?Erik Tham, Head of Fixed Income Electronic Order Execution Desk, UBS Wealth Management Yann Couellan, Head of Fixed Income Execution, BNP Paribas Asset Management Pasi Hyttinen, Head of Bond Indexing, Vanguard Vincent Dessard, Senior Regulatory Policy Advisor, EFAMA Elizabeth Callaghan, Director, Market Structure and MiFID II strategy & regulatory response, ICMA Pamela Gachara, Manager, Markets, The Investment Association
Working Group 1- Connectivity hosted by Erik Tham, Executive Director, Fixed Income Execution Desk, UBS Wealth Management
Working Group 2- TCA hosted Ricky Maloney, Rates and Absolute Return, Old Mutual Global Investors
Working Group 3- Market data hosted by Yann Couellan, Head of Fixed Income Execution, AXA Investment Management
Working Group 4- Automation hosted by Pasi Hyttinen, Head of Bond Indexing, Vanguard
MiFID II Gap Analysis- How are the buy side approaching different aspects of MiFID II in readiness for the January deadline?
Working Group 1- Unbundling Vincent Dessard, Senior Regulatory Policy Advisor, EFAMA
Working Group 2- Best execution requirements hosted by
Working Group 3-Transparency regime Elizabeth Callaghan, Director, Market Structure and MiFID II strategy & regulatory response, ICMA
Working Group 4- Reporting requirements? Hosted by Pamela Gachara, Manager, Capital Markets, The Investment Association
Erik ThamHead of Fixed Income Electronic Order Execution Desk
UBS Wealth Management
Yann CouellanHead of Fixed Income Execution
BNP Paribas Asset Management
Pasi HyttinenHead of Bond Indexing
Vincent DessardSenior Regulatory Policy Advisor
Elizabeth CallaghanDirector, Market Structure and MiFID II strategy & regulatory response
Pamela GacharaManager, Markets
The Investment Association
3:00 PM - 3:30 PM Fixed Income Crystal Ball: How will the global capital markets landscape evolve in an era of Brexit and President Trump?David Bullen, Director, Bullen Management , , Stu Taylor, CEO, Algomi Marc Chandler, Head of FX Strategy, Brown Brothers Harriman Philip Rush, Founder and Chief Economist, Heteronomics Chris White, CEO, ViableMKTS John Greenan, Front Office Trading Technology Consultant, Alignment Systems
- What does a post Brexit Britain and a Trump White House mean for financial regulation?
- With the threat of deregulation under a Trump presidency, what will be the knock on effects of further financial reform on electronic trading and market structure?
- How will the UK’s standing as a global financial powerhouse be impacted on the back of Brexit and no access to the single market and what impact will this have on day to day trading and MiFID regulation?
- Paradigm shifts- how will global macro themes differ from the past with the potential for new trade policy restrictions and the on-going theme of de-globalisation?
- How has both Brexit and the Trump administration affected exchange rates so far, and what is next- are there alpha opportunities or is it time to hedge, cut risk, and protect capital?
Marc ChandlerHead of FX Strategy
Brown Brothers Harriman
Philip RushFounder and Chief Economist