06 - 08 November, 2018
Beurs van Berlage, Amsterdam
44(0) 207 368 9540
2017 Technology Evaluation Agenda Day
Tuesday 7th November 2017
Buy Side Only eTrading Evaluation Day- Tuesday 7th November 2017
Establishing The Right Partners For You
9:50 AM - 10:20 AM Buy Side Leader Interviews: Establishing the buy side needs- What technology and protocols are now essential in a post MiFID II world and how can you establish who to partner with?David Bullen, Director, Bullen Management Alex Sedgwick, Head of Fixed Income Market Research, T. Rowe Price Christoph Hock, Global Head of Trading, Union Investments
- The platform paradigm- How can you establish which initiative you should be supporting and why?
- When evaluating platforms, what are the key areas you should be testing and looking out for?
- What different platform models can help you prosper in a new electronic environment?
- How can you establish what platform is best suited to fit into your current workflow?
Alex SedgwickHead of Fixed Income Market Research
T. Rowe Price
Christoph HockGlobal Head of Trading
10:20 AM - 10:40 AM Former Buy Side Interviews: The view from the ‘other’ side- How have former buy side heads transitioned to the technology provider universe?David Bullen, Director, Bullen Management Christophe Roupie, Head of Europe and Asia, MarketAxess and TRAX Stephen Grady, former Global Head of Trading at Legal & General and now Head of Market Structure and Strategy, IPREO
10:40 AM - 11:00 AM Keynote: Fixed Income Execution under MiFID II – Which MiFID II compliant execution options are available to the buy-side?Mike Thorpe, Managing Director, Head of European Sales, Tradeweb
- What has gone wrong for the platforms that have already failed and how can you be aware of this when evaluating new initiatives?
- Why do some platforms fail liquidity and the critical mass?
- More than just liquidity- What else is critical for the potential success of a new platform?
- What are the key success factors that will outline the success of a new platform?
Mike ThorpeManaging Director, Head of European Sales
11:00 AM - 11:10 AM Afternoon Workshop Synopsis: An introduction to each workshop taking place in the afternoonCharlie Campbell-Johnston, Director, Head of Integration and Workflow Solutions, Tradeweb Herb Werth, Managing Director, Global Head of Buy Side Product Strategy and Marketing, IPREO David Wright, Global Head of MSET FX, Morgan Stanley
11:10 AM - 11:25 AM Refreshment Break
Broadening Access To Liquidity
11:25 AM - 12:55 PM Platform Presentations: What trading protocol is each platform promoting and how can it improve your access to liquidity?
- Trading protocol promoted
- Buy side adoption rates